The following warnings occurred:
Warning [2] count(): Parameter must be an array or an object that implements Countable - Line: 795 - File: showthread.php PHP 7.4.33 (Linux)
File Line Function
/showthread.php 795 errorHandler->error

Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Version 4 is now free - an updated release
11-19-2019, 05:29 AM
Version 4 is now free - an updated release
I just re-released version 4 (4.4h) as a free version, with the idea that people can donate what they think it is worth to them, and to fund more updates and future development. I've actually always wanted to give Sagelight away for free, but a free model was too risky, since once you give it away for free, you can't change your mind.

It makes sense to give it away for free now, since its a few years old. It's still pretty powerful, but there is no sense selling Sagelight again until I get version 5 out. If the free model actually works, I can look at giving version 5 away for free, or at least some part of it (going back to a standard vs. pro model again, now that it is much more viable with the ui re-design in version 5).

Updated Version -- Bug fixes and minor changes.

The current free release is the same version as the last version (4.4h, I believe), but with the following changes:

1. Various bug fixes. There was a bug where the numbers on the sliders moved off the screen. This has been fixed, and there has been various fixes as I've traced down the bugs.
2. Functions removed. The Pro Quick Edit Mode, Pro Balance, and a couple other functions have been removed. I don't think they are relevant any longer. Let me know if you miss any of them.
3. Changed Defaults. The defaults on the HDR and other functions have been changed. I made them less pronounced, which I think makes them better. The HDR functions are powerful, and I think defaults were making the images look too augmented, where lower settings show how they can really help your image.
4. Donation Button. There's also a donation button in the lower right-hand corner. I tried to make it so it didn't look gaudy. Let me know about that.

I really hope this free version works out. Like I said, I've always wanted to give it away for free, and this is a good way to test it out. The donations will also fund the completion of Version 5, and like I said on the website, for anyone who donates, I will make sure gets at least that amount (up to the price of Version 5) back if Version 5 goes back to a pricing model.

If you want to donate, go to http://www.sagelighteditor.com/donate.html

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
Version 4 is now free - an updated release - sagelight - 11-19-2019 05:29 AM