Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Version 4 is now free - an updated release
01-13-2020, 03:23 PM
RE: Version 4 is now free - an updated release
(12-31-2019 06:02 PM)marcmartin Wrote:  I must say though that I'm already missing the Pro (Kayak) mode in the free version, as I usually go back to that as my last step and tweak the gamma, blackpoint, and whitepoint. Although I see that if I start with a raw file, it still opens in Kayak, and I can stay in this as long as I don't go to the Quick Edit mode (at which point I cannot return to Kayak).

I am glad you mentioned this. I took it out because I felt it was way too confusing for a free version. But, I was playing with it with a RAW file, and I can see why I put it there in the first place: it provides some very clean functionality that can be used for RAW files and some 'canonical' functionality such as LAB mode, basic curves, etc. All the good foundation functions everything is built on, and is more ala Photoshop.

The main idea was to have the Kayak mode as a pre-step for the RAW (more formally), but it would maybe it would be better to just keep it, but make it more clear what it is about. I designed it in the days when I was thinking about splitting the editor into two different versions, but that never happened.

(12-31-2019 06:02 PM)marcmartin Wrote:  Also, if you're going to continue to offer gamma adjustments (which I hope you do, somewhere), note that you cannot go from 1.0 to 0.99... it jumps straight to 0.96.

Thanks for the note on that!

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version 4 is now free - an updated release - sagelight - 01-13-2020 03:23 PM