Thread Rating:
  • 0 Votes - 0 Average
Version 4 is now free - an updated release
01-15-2021, 05:53 PM
RE: Version 4 is now free - an updated release
(01-13-2021 01:11 PM)marcmartin Wrote:  
(01-11-2021 05:06 PM)sagelight Wrote:  The Kayak mode was meant to be a mode more for classic, more pure algorithms working with the color. It definitely gives you more control, especially in the initial working with RAW files

I also preferred it when Kayak was always available, not just initially, and not just for RAW files.

Besides it being good for RAW files, it's also good for initial processing of scans of 35mm slides, which are technically not "RAW", but can be 14 or 16 bit color TIFFs, and they can also be way too dark to start with if you just save an unprocessed scan. So doing some basic white level/black level/gamma is sometimes appropriate for things other than just raw files (probably also useful even for JPEGs if you've got your exposure all wrong to start with).

Marc

I can definitely change that. I took it out to avoid confusion and am really glad to hear it was useful! When I get the recompile going, I will put that at the top of the list with the implementation of the latest LibRaw (if its still around). That makes sense, since they go together.

Rob
Find all posts by this user
Quote this message in a reply

Messages In This Thread
RE: Version 4 is now free - an updated release - sagelight - 01-15-2021 05:53 PM